Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Challenge #49 - Extra Pesto = Eggplant Mini "Pizzas"

I had a bunch of pesto leftover from my previous recipe, so I looked around my kitchen to see what I could use it with and presto...Eggplant Mini "Pizzas"

Ingredients:
Eggplant
Tomato
Pepper
Pesto
Goat Cheese cheddar (or whatever kind you like)
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste

Step #1 - Slice eggplant into 1/4" disks.  Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake on 350 for about 15 mins. Flip and continue baking.  Eggplant will brown on edges and begin to shrink.  You will notice in one of the photos below, a very crispy one.  I cut that one too thin and uneven, so try to cut slices as uniform as possible.
Step #2 -Slice up tomato and pepper and cheese while eggplant is baking.  Remove eggplant from oven when both sides are cooked.
Step #3- Spread pesto onto eggplant and top with tomato or pepper and finish with thin slice of cheese.
Step #4 - Put back into oven and bake until cheese melts.  Serve and enjoy.
These were simple and delicious.  My husband enjoyed them as well. We both agreed they could also be served as an appetizer for a dinner party.  Note, only one baking sheet is shown in photos, but my eggplant filled up 2 sheets.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment