Thursday, February 9, 2012

Challenge #53 - Being Flexible and Timesavers

I thought I would share a couple of tips I used last night and this evening. 

Tip #1 - Be flexible and ready to adjust accordingly.
I ran to a small market last night to grab a couple of things, and they did not have some of the ingredients I wanted, including jicama, my favorite!  I usually go to the store with a basic plan, but if they don't have what I want, I look around and see what they have and adjust my menus depending on what is available. 


Tip #2 - Quick meal with Fridge Leftovers.
Tonight I did not feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.  So I threw together a quick salad that included some left over bruschetta (diced tomato, garlic, basil, salt, pepper), roasted eggplant slices that I cubed, some carrots and cucumbers.  The bruschetta served as a dressing so I didn't even need to use a lemon or make a dressing.

I also spiralized some zucchini really quick and threw it in a bowl with some lightly steamed broccoli and my leftover red pepper tahini dip from yesterday's lunch.  I often just see what I have leftover and add simple ingredients to pull together a quick meal.  Some photos below.  If you haven't used a spiralizer, it is a really fun tool (and inexpensive about $30).  It reminds me of being a kid and using the playdoh machine.

  
SIMPLE SALAD
SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI - HOW FUN!
SPIRALIZER
ADD INGREDIENTS INTO BOWL
ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH RED PEPPER TAHINI

No comments:

Post a Comment