Sunday, February 19, 2012

Challenge #60 - Reworking the Deconstucted Burrito

This one is a take a deconstructed burrito in a bowl that is grain free!  Yes grain free.  I am replacing the millet from the previous challenge with cauliflower rice.  Now I'm not giving up the other version, this is just a new take when you want something a bit lighter.  Oh and I am also a huge fan of cauliflower.

Ingredients:
Cauliflower
Colored peppers
Zucchini
Garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Guacamole
Salsa

Step #1: Rice cauliflower in food processor.  Add to boiling water and cook.  I like mine al dente, but you cook cook more thoroughly if desired.  Only takes a couple of minutes.
Step #2: Drain cauliflower rice and set aside.  Saute peppers, garlic, and zucchini, season as desired.  Any veggies desired here will work, this is just what I had in the fridge.  Usually I like to throw in spinach as well.
Step #3: Add cauliflower rice and veggies to bowl.  Top with guacamole (yes I used a lot because I LOVE it) and salsa.  Enjoy!  I like to mix everything together as I am eating it to blend all the flavors together.

No comments:

Post a Comment