Thursday, February 9, 2012

Challenge #54 - Using some skills from Class

In class this weekend we "riced" cauliflower florets by pulsing them in the food processor.  I was actually going to experiment with a tabouli recipe this week using amareth, but I decided to try it with the cauliflower "rice" instead.

Ingredients:   
1/2 Head of cauliflower (I actually riced the whole head to use for something else tomorrow)
3 tomatoes  
1/2 cucumber    
1/2 green pepper
1 clove garlic
Handful of parsley
1/2 handful of mint
lemon   
Salt & pepper

Step # 1: Cut cauliflower into florets and pulse in food processor until looks like rice
Step #2: Dice and chop tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, & mint. Zest garlic (or mince). Add to riced cauliflower.  Note, I made this for last night for today's lunch, so before I added the diced tomatoes, I put them in a paper towel over a bowl to remove some of the liquid so nothing would get soggy.
Step #3: Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.  Mix and enjoy.
I brought this to work today and someone else tried it and enjoyed it as well.  And it was super simple to make.  This is tomorrow's lunch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment