Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Challenge #51 - Cooking Class!!!!

I am a self taught cook from watching mom and dad growing up.  I love being in the kitchen and when the opportunity came up to take a 3 day cooking class with the amazing Doris Choi, I could not pass up the opportunity.  I spend 3 days learning how to use tools, learning simple recipes with complex flavors for salads, raw foods, desserts, cooked foods, dips, drinks, and so much more, all properly combined of course! It allowed me to leave my comfort zone and become more familiar with other ethnic cuisine. It was a privilege being part of the class.  I left completely inspired a ready to get in the kitchen and get going oh and now I know how to properly use a mandolin AND crack open a young coconut.
So if you ever have the opportunity to take a cooking class, I highly recommend it.  It is amazing not only how many recipes you learn, but the knowledge you leave with to be able to create multiple variety by learning techniques.
I promise many recipes to follow!  I think my list is over a dozen at the moment for ideas to try.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you went to Doris's cooking class! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with all of the great knowledge you acquired :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have a bunch of ideas already, but I think more are going to come as I get in the kitchen and get going! Just a little tip, if you aren't sure how to do something, like roll sushi or make almond milk, check out youtube. There are a ton of videos.

      Delete