Sunday, February 12, 2012

Challenge #55 - Maroon carrots!

 I have not  posted a trying something new in  awhile.  I was at the store this weekend and walked past Maroon Carrots.  Yes beautiful, deep purple carrots.  Carrots are not out of the ordinary but they were just calling to me to try them.  So I bought a bunch.

 So I came home and googled them find out more info and the first thing I came across was this site...  Carrot info.  Yup a history of carrots, who knew.  Anyway I decided to keep it simple.  I cut them and sampled them raw (yummy and juicy) and also lightly steamed them and added some cinnamon.  Nature's art -aren't they beautiful?
See how juicy they are?
Amazing colors!
In the steamer they go
Steamed with Cinnamon

I don't have kids, but this looks like a fun way to get them to eat their carrots.  The colors are amazing and if you have them help you, they will probably have fun having their hands turn purple. Don't worry it washes out.  Stains kind of like a beet would.  Photo below you can see the purple color on my hand and paper towel.  Have fun!  I think I am going to buy another bunch next week to make carrots juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment