Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Challenge #64- Refreshing Salad

I went to brunch a couple of weeks ago with some friends and brunch was buffet style.  On of my friends got a salad on the side that look delicious and refreshing.  Inspired by this, I have created my own version with out any dressing, juice a squeeze of lemon.  I plan to make this again in the future, especially in the summer months as it is very hydrating.

Ingredients:
1 cucumber
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
Handful parsley
1 lemon

Step #1: Peel and  rough chop veggies and parsley and add to bowl.  I went for large rustic cuts this time like they had at brunch.  (Note, I did not have organic or hot house cucumbers on hand, so I chose to peel the skin.  If I had one of the others, I would have left the skin on)
Step #2 -Zest half a lemon and add to  salad.
Step #3- Add Juice of half to whole lemon.  I went with the whole lemon because I love it, but you can certainly scale back.
Note I deliberately chose not to add any sea salt, but feel free to add if desired.
I food this salad mix to be very refreshing, clean flavor, and hydrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment