Sunday, March 18, 2012

Challenge #67 - Avocado Salad

This is one of mine and my husband's new favorites.  I have made it at least 3 times now.  It's a nice change from guacamole and can be as versatile as you like.  You can eat this as a side, on a bed of your favorite greens, or my husband had corn chips with his.

Ingredients:
2 avocado (cut into large chunks)
1 pepper (any color you like, I like to use yellow or orange)
Couple handfuls of grape tomatoes (halved)
1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
1/2 hot house cucumber
juice of 1/2 to 1 whole lemon
Sea salt to taste
1 clove garlic zested (optional)

Step #1: Slice, chop, and cut all ingredients.  Throw together in a bowl and toss with sea salt and lemon juice.
Note, I thought I would need 1 whole lemon, but the 1/2 of lemon yielded plenty of juice.
Serve and enjoy in desired fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment