Sunday, October 16, 2011

Challenge #32 - Remembering a New favorite - Parsnips

I tried parsnips for the first time about a year or so ago.  I love them.  I think of them as sort of in between a carrot and potato.  I haven't had them in a few months, for no reason in particular, I just sort of forgot about them.  So last week, I saw some in the store and bought them.  I made them the other night, super simple alternative to mashed potatoes.

Ingredients:
Parsnips
Sea Salt
Pepper
1 tsp butter (or oil, or whatever you choose)
1 clove minced garlic (optional)

Step #1: Peel and cut parsnips into cubes while pot of water is boiling.
Step #2: Boil parsnips until tender
Step #3: Drain and place in boil.  Add reset of the ingredients and mash.
I used my hand masher because I didn't feel like digging out the mixer and then having to clean it.  Either one will work. I enjoyed my parsnip mash a bit more on the rustic side; creamy and chunky at the same time.

On a side note, I also use the hand masher to make guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment