Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Challenge #30 - A happy accident - Sea Salt Shake

I was going to make myself a chocolate shake as in Challenge #29 without the ginger powder.  I always add a pinch of sea salt to bring out the sweetness in the cocoa, but tonight I was not paying attention.  So I wound up using wrong end of the shaker and adding probably about a teaspoon or so of sea salt.  I was going to try to remove some, then I thought...I like dark chocolate with sea salt so why not try it as a shake.
 It worked, and here is the recipe.  I had to go back and add more stevia & cocoa since it was too salty.  So here is the recipe with adjusting salt to taste instead of my slip of too much salt (this uses the amount of stevia I intended).


Ingredients:
Half Florida avocado
3 handfuls of ice
2 heaping teaspoons of 100% cocoa
2 packets stevia
about 1/2 cup coconut milk (to facilitate blending, could use water or almond milk instead)
Splash of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (adjust to desired taste, start with even less if wanted)
garnish - small square of chocolate (optional)

Step #1: Add all ingredients into blender (throw in sea salt with a light hand, maybe start with 1/4 teaspoon).  Blend and taste.  Add more sea salt as needed.
Step #2: Pour into glass.  Shave chocolate square add throw on top if desired. I used 100% chocolate, but you can use any of your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment