Monday, October 3, 2011

Challenge #26 - More squash...dessert any one?

I had left over squash and pumpkin so I decided to try a little experimenting in the dessert department.
I know this is going to sound a little wacky, but just give it a try.  My husband actually liked this (he eats a Standard American Diet) and agreed the texture was right too so here goes...
Kabocha Squash Chocolate Shake (Nope, I'm not joking)

Ingredients:
Roasted kabocha squash
Canned pumpkin
Stevia
Vanilla extract
Pinch of Sea Salt (helps bring out the sweetness of the cocoa powder)
100% Cocoa powder (2-3 tablespoons)
Ice
Coconut milk(I use unsweetened)

Throw all of the above ingredients in a blender.  I tasted and adjusted as I went along, so I don't have exact measurements.  Here is the result.  It tasted like a chocolate milkshake, had a very similar texture (thick and creamy), and was delicious!  You could also substitute carob for the cocoa as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment