Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Challenge #17 - Zucchini Flowers

Although I have known about zucchini flowers, I never actually had them growing up.  When I was at Wholefoods this weekend, they had them and I decided to pick some up and give them a try.  I came home and googled recipes to get some ideas of how people prepare them.  Various recipes from stuffing and frying to stuffing with veggies and steaming.
So I decided to take a few ideas and create my own that uses goat cheese and sauteing instead of frying to have something that works for me.
Zucchini Flowers
 Ingredients:
Zucchini flowers
Goat cheese
Spinach
Garlic
Butter
Salt
Pepper

Saute garlic and spinach, season with salt and pepper.  While that's cooking, clean flowers including gently pulling back the petal and removing the stamen.
In a food processor, combine goat cheese, sauteed spinach and garlic until smooth and creamy.
Goat Cheese Stuffing

Carefully open the flowers and spoon in cheese mixtures.
 Reclose petals to seal the top.
Saute stuffed flowers in butter until soft.  Turning as needed.
Saute flowers
Serve and enjoy!
Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
Delicious and savory!

No comments:

Post a Comment