Sunday, August 28, 2011

Challenge #21 - Taste the Rainbow - Part I

I have read from many different sources about the importance of eating a variety of colors to make sure you get a good variety of vitamins and minerals.  Using the idea of eating the rainbow is an easy way to make sure you have enough variety throughout the day.  So I decided to try to put the rainbow in a bowl (ROYGBIV) when I had fruit the other day...Here's what I did with what I had in the fridge.  Of course there are many many variations on this.
Red= Watermelon, strawberries, pomegranate seeds
Orange = Mango (My latest favorite)
Yellow = Pineapple
Green = Kiwi, Green Figs (I guess the figs covers  a few colors)
Blue = Blueberries
Indigo = Blackberries, Purple Figs (again I guess the figs covers  a few colors)
Violet = Concord Grapes (From the farmer's market - amazing!)
Result a beautiful bowl full of mother nature's art.
Rainbow in a bowl


No comments:

Post a Comment