Sunday, May 1, 2011

Challenge #4 - Another Birthday Party

So this year is the year of many birthday parties as many of us are turning 30.  Yesterday my husband and I went to a surprise party for a friend out at a bar/restaurant.  No dinner this time, but appetizers and drinks would be served.  We had to be there at 7pm so my plan of attack for this outing...

I checked out the menu ahead of time.  I knew there would be no appetizers I would want to eat, but I could order a salad and sides if I really wanted.

I decided to eat dinner ahead of time since everyone would be eating finger foods while mingling, I didn't want to carry around a plate of salad and veggies.

I knew I would want something when I saw and smelled all the food around me.  I brought carrot sticks with me (yes that's right, in my purse along side my chocolate bar).  When I got hungry, I took one of the small app plates (my husband's idea) off the buffet table, put my carrot sticks on it, and walked around with a plate of food and mingled just like everyone else.

One of my friend's saw me do this and laughed in a very loving way, as if to say, "I can't believe I am watching you pull carrots out of your purse and put them on a plate."  Instead of it being weird, I provided entertainment!

As people ate cupcakes for dessert, I happily nibbled on my dark chocolate bar.

I am learning to navigate eating out!

No comments:

Post a Comment