Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Movie Theater Tips

My husband and I went to the movies today, and I thought I should share some of my tips for snacking!  As people start the New Year with resolutions, if eating healthier is on your list, here are a couple of tips so you can stick to your goals while enjoying a night out at the movies. Something on the list to satisfy your sweet tooth or if you prefer salty snacks.

1. Cut fruit, apple, or banana (I enjoyed some pineapple today for a noon movie)

2.Green juice (It was a long movie, so I opted out of this one today)
3. Kale Chips (Lydia's are my favorite if I don't make homemade) or SeaSnax
4. Carrot sticks and Guacamole (Wholly Guacamole has travel packs that are easy to carry - no mess!) All
     can be purchased before heading into the theater
5. Any cut raw veggies.  You can prepare at home or grab some from the grocery store
6. Homemade macaroons or Raw macaroons - easy to purchase at any Whole Foods or Health Food
     Store, like Emmy's or Hail Mary's and they come in a variety of flavors
7. The Detoxinista's Ginger Cookies
8. Dark Chocolate - Your favorite 70% or higher dark chocolate, easy to carry anywhere
9. Some organic raw nuts and/or seeds
10. Homemade sweet potato or parsnip chips

Let us know any favorites you bring to the movies. Happy New Year!






No comments:

Post a Comment