Sunday, November 25, 2012

Challenge #91 - Sunflower Sprout Salad

I love sunflower sprouts.  I often throw them in my salads, but today I used it as my base since I ran out of lettuce and didn't want to go to the store in the snow.  I topped them with my favorite avocado salad which I also slightly altered to accommodate what was in the fridge.

Ingredients:
Sunflower Sprouts
2 Avocado (cut into chunks)
2 radishes (diced)
colored peppers (I used 3 mini sweet peppers) (diced)
1/2 cucumber (quartered and sliced)
Herbamare to taste (or can you sea salt, garlic & onion powder)
1 lemon (I sued the whole lemon b/c they were really small, so you may only need 1/2)

Step #1:  Combine all ingredients but sunflower sprouts, add lemon juice and seasonings and mix.
Step #2:  I added my avocado salad over a bowl full of sunflower sprouts.  My husband had his minus the sprout.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment