Sunday, June 19, 2011

Challege #12 - Frozen "Hot" Chocolate

Challenge #12- Find a way to cut down on dark chocolate bars.
Over the winter, I would have hot chocloate instead of a piece of chocolate as a treat. Now that it is summer, and in the 80's, I have no desire for a hot drink.
The solution: I became inspired by a something I hadn't had in years; Dunkin' Donuts Coolata. I came up with below, easy recipe using no sugar.

Ingredeients:
1 Cup water
6 ice cubes
3 heaping teaspoons of 100% cocoa powder
2 packets Stevia (Or Stevia drops)
pinch of sea salt

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (ice is all broken up).  Taste and adjust salt/stevia as needed.
Very simple, but delicious.  This created a frothy top that reminded me of a root beer float, which was a surprising bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment