Saturday, November 15, 2014

Thanksgiving Sides Part 1 - Brussels Sprouts

Thanksgiving is a time to be with family and loved ones.  I have some great sides that are simple, tasty, and easy to digest - leaving you with more time for togetherness and less time wanting to take a nap after dinner.

Here is my recipie for yummy Shaved Brussels Sprouts:

Ingredients:
Brussels Sprouts (I used about 4 cups)
1 shallot
1-2 cloves garlic
pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
Veggie Broth
Organic Dijon Mustard
1 packet stevia (addition pending taste)
water

Step #1: Wash & peel brussels sprouts.  Cut off bottom stem, half then cut to make thin shavings or you can use a mandolin.  I just used my knife.




Step#2: Thinly slice shallot and mince garlic.

Step #3: Add veggie broth to bottom of pan and sauté shallots and garlic until soft.
Step #4: Add shaved brussels sprouts to pan.  Stir well then cook covered until desired.
Step #5: While brussels sprouts are cooking, mix about 3-4 tablespoon mustard with stevia and water to facilitate blending.  I like my dressing to be like the consistency of  slightly thicker than milk. Add to brussels sprouts and stir.

Step #6: Serve and enjoy.


Stay tuned for more sides to come in the next few days!

Have your own healthy turkey-day dishes you want to share? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment