Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Peanut butter" Banana "Milkshake"

One of my favorite deserts as a child was a simple peanut butter and banana shake.  Unfortunately I had to give up peanut butter several years ago after discovering that it can hold mold.  If you are interested there is some interesting (and scary) information about peanuts here.

Luckily I discovered sunflower butter and it was love at first taste! Sunflower butter has a similar consistency and a great taste that works as a perfect replacement for peanut butter in a variety of recipes.

So this is my re-worked version of a Banana Sunflower Butter "Milkshake"

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana (tip: peel bananas and freeze without the skins)
1 fresh banana
1 tbsp sunflower butter (I use the no salt or sugar version)
Coconut water (to facilitate blending, I use raw coconut water) (Can use almond or hemp milk)
Cocoa Nibs (optional for garnish)
Stevia (Optional, I find the banana is sweet enough for me and omit it)

Step #1:
Blend all of the ingredients, pour (I used a wine glass), top with nibs and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment