Thursday, February 7, 2013

Challenge #99 - Italian Salad

I decided that I should make a fabulous salad, inspired by the antipasto and other variety of salads options at Italian restaurants.  Feel free to swap out anything you want!  The fresh basil really give this salad some great flavor.

Ingredients:
Arugala (my favorite is Wild Rocket Arugala - has a great kick)
Handful of fresh Basil (torn)
Yellow and Red Roasted Peppers (sliced & chopped)
Artichoke Hearts (quartered)
Sundried Tomatoes (Organic, unsulphered  - reconstituted and chopped)
Sauteed Portobello Mushrooms (sliced)
Raw Cheddar Goat Cheese (the store was out of goat mozzarella - so sad) thinly sliced
Sea Salt
Veggie Broth
Lemon
Fresh Thyme
1-2 Garlic clove
1 tsp olive oil (optional)
Step #1 - Slice portobello cap and saute in veggie broth with zested garlic and fresh thyme until tender.  Remove thyme.
Step #2 - Add arugala and basil to bowl and top with rest of ingredients.  Add squeeze of lemon.  Typically, I don't use olive oil, but I did add in about 1 tsp today. It was just calling my name! I wanted to present the salad showing all the topping components like they do in the restaurant before mixing.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment