Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Challenge #100 - 2 in 1 meal

This was inspired by the fabulous 2in1 soup/salad recipe by Ana Zaharia!

I had a beautiful salad for lunch and ate kind of late, so I wasn't super hungry.  I left the house for a couple hours and when I returned, I was hungry, but not for a huge meal and salad. Since I just ate salad a short time prior, I just wanted warm veggies.  So I took a page from Ana's book and did a sauteed veggie medley "salad".
You can use any veggies you have handy.  You can also substitute in your favorite herbs & spices.  Right now I am obsessed with using fresh thyme!

Ingredients:
1 zucchini (chopped)
generous handful brussel sprouts (cut in half, quartered if large)
1 large carrot (peeled and chopped)
Couple handfuls spinach
Veggie Broth (to coat bottom of pan)
Herbamare (or sea salt, garlic powder, whatever you like!)
few springs of fresh thyme (optional)
Nutritional yeast (optional)

Step #1: Coat bottom of pan with veggie broth and add in thyme.  Heat until broth becomes fragrant.
Step #2: Add in all veggies, with the exception of the spinach. Sprinkle with Herbamare (to taste). Saute until desired tenderness is achieved (I like my brussel sprouts still with a bit of crunch - but that's me!)
Step #3: Remove thyme springs.  Add veggies to bowl and throw in spinach.  The heat from veggies will start to soften the baby spinach some.  If desired, add in nutritional yeast, mix, and Enjoy!

Super simple, and yummy.  This recipe with portobello mushrooms in the mix is in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment