Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Challenge #84 - Happiness in a Crepe

I finally got around to trying these ridiculously delicious banana crepes.  I got the recipe from The Rawtarian and I highly recommend you try them too.  I made a couple of minor changes which was half-ing the recipe for less crepes and I added about a teaspoon or so of ground vanilla.  I admit, I did get anxious, so I didn't lower the temp on the dehydrator per the directions.  I filled mine with some chocolate sunflower butter. For those of you not familiar with sunflower butter, it is reminiscent of peanut butter, something I avoid, so this is a great substitute.  Not only were these incredible, but they were super easy.  I'm not sure if you can do these in the oven on the lowest temp with the door cracked opened if you don't have a dehydrator.  If anyone has tried this, please let us know.
Please note, this recipe is not raw because I didn't turn the temp down and the sunflower butter is made with roasted sunflower seeds.

Ingredients:
 Crepe (half the recipe)
4 ripe bananas
1/4 cup water
1 tsp or so vanilla

Filling:
2 tbsp sunflower butter
1 tsp cocoa powder
stevia and sea salt (needed if using sugar and salt free sunflower butter)

Step #1: To make the crepes, follow the directions from The Rawtarian.
   Photos below.
Step #2:  Once the crepes are done, mix the sunflower butter and cocoa for the filling.  I usually like to get the No Sugar& Salt Added one, but grabbed the wrong jar, so I didn't need to add stevia and sea salt.
Spread over crepe and fold.  I spread over half, folded, added a little more and folded again.
Step #3: Enjoy!  These were so good, I wish I hadn't waited so long to try these crepes, but I am glad I finally did. Yum.   My husband liked them as well.









3 comments:

  1. Sunflower butter sounds interesting. I am pretty passionate about crepes, but that's new to me. I'm excited to try out some sunflower butter next time I make a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I want these. Right. Now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will both be very happy when you try them! If you do, please let us know how you like them.

      Delete