Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Challenge #81- Faux-jito

This is my first juice recipe post!  I have been wanting to experiment with this recipe for awhile and finally got to try it out yesterday - a new take on a Mojito using jicama.
If you try it out, let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
Jicama (small)
Mint leaves
1 lime + extra slices for garnish
1/2 dropper full of stevia (or to taste)
Ice

Step #1 - Peel the skin off the jicama and cut up into pieces that will fit through your juicer.
Step #2 - Juice the jicama, lime, and some mint.
Step #3 - Add ice and mint to glass.  Pour in juice, add stevia, stir, and enjoy.
Note: This made 1 large glass, so if you get a larger jicama and make more juice, you will also need to increase the lime as well.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how original! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Original, indeed! I really want to drink this on this steaming hot day in PA!

      Delete
  2. sounds delicious! i loved your guest post! I'm at month 2 1/2 of a candida cleanse on the Body Ecology Diet. I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts on the cleanse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen,

    This drink looks beautiful and sounds delicious! I'd love to include you in on the private link to the jumpstart for the vegan challenge this month, could you email me at marlena@marlenatorres.com, and I'll forward you the email I'm about to send out? I don't have your email address.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete