Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sexy Summer Spring Rolls!

I'm taking on the challenge of creating a Sexy Summer Spring Roll  from Kimberly Snyder's Recipe Assignment for this week!

I've been so inspired, that I will be posting more recipes for this over the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned for nut based & dessert wraps.  In the meantime, enjoy this evening's creation.

Ingredients:
Curry or plain Coconut Wraps (or sprouted grain tortilla, collard green, or wrapping material of choice)
Carrots
Pea sprouts (or you favorite sprouts, micro greens or other greens)
Guacamole (I took a helping hand and used Wholefoods homemade guac)
Salsa (your favorite kind) - optional for dipping sauce

Step #1:
Get your wrap set!  I love the Curry wraps from Pure Wrap.  If you can't find them, Amazon sells the Paleo coconut wrap.  If you haven't had them before they have a mild flavor and won't overpower.


Step #2: 
Add your guacamole!  Leave some space for when you roll it up.  I spread a nice layer over 3/4 of the wrap

Step #3:
Julienne carrots and add to wrap.  This peeler set from Bed Bath & Beyond is amazing!  Don't have a julienne peeler?  That's ok.  Use a regular veg peeler and make some ribbons.

Step #4:
Add your nutrient dense sprouts (micro greens, greens or a combo).  Want to know more about why sprouts are so good for you?  See Kimberly's blog post on sprouts & micro greens packed full of info!

Step #5:
Roll it up!  Use some guacamole along the edge as "glue" to seal the roll.

Step #6:
Cut in half & plat it up with your favorite salsa for dipping.  Enjoy!

A special thank to my husband who took the photos as I was making my version of Sexy Summer Spring Rolls.








No comments:

Post a Comment