Monday, October 8, 2012

Hiking Event and Cookbook recommendation

I promise more recipes soon, but for now I have some exciting things to share...

This past Saturday I was one of the team members for a hiking event in New Jersey with Gina Abrams at Align Wellbeing .  The event was a lot of fun and it ended with a drum circle.  I never participated in one before and it was quite the experience, very energizing.  If you you ever get the opportunity, try it out.  The day also began with green juices and yoga outside.

As a team member, I got to help the amazing Doris Choi in the kitchen while everyone was hiking.  She has a cookbook coming out in November with Natalia Rose, and I promise you, you will not be disappointed.  I am pretty confident you will want to make every recipe in the book. 
Check it out, you can pre-order on amazon...The Fresh Energy Cookbook

Below are some of the dishes created for the hikers when they returned!  Beautiful, full of color and delicious.  The wonderful aromatic smells in the kitchen full of veggies and herbs were incredible.

Carrot Salad

Zucchini "pasta" with roasted beets

Kale Salad

Roasted red & golden beet & butternut squash

Homemade kimchi (soooo yummy!)

Cauliflower "Couscous"

Mixed greens & seaweed Salad
Do you just not want to eat all of these things?!  I've had my book pre-ordered for months, and I highly recommend it.  It's one cookbook that won't collect dust on the shelf.  I got a sneak peak on Saturday!

1 comment: