Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Challenge #79 - Simple Dessert

I occasionally buy coconut date rolls from the healthy food store as a little treat.  So I decided to make my own.  This is so simple. 
Please note, if you are doing  candida cleanse, you will want to stay away from these.

Ingredients:
Dates
Unsweetened shredded coconut

Step #1 - Pit dates and quarter.
Step #2 - Pulse dates in food processor until well combine.  This is sticky, so be prepared with a wet paper towel on hand.  Place pulsed date mix into bowl.
 Step #3 - Roll mixture into balls.  I used 1 generous teaspoon full of mix per date treat.
Step #4 - Roll date ball into the unsweetened coconut.  I then placed my finished ones in mini cupcake wrappers.  You can eat them as is, but they are also really good after they are cold if you leave them in the fridge for awhile.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment